This month’s Fitness Survey is hosted by Sara at She Cooks, She Crafts, She Runs.
1.What type of workout have you not tried but would like to? (ex. yoga, zumba, crossfit)
I’d love to try Crossfit, but I think I need to be in better shape first! 🙂
2. Favorite song to workout to.
This one’s hard. For a gym workout, I really like listening to the first album from All-American Rejects, but for running I need variety. My current playlist is about 3 hours long & I designed it using jog.fm to find good songs for my goal pace.
3. What is one thing on your list of things to accomplish? (ie. handstand, certain yoga pose, PR in a race)
I’m hoping to run my 10-miler next month faster than I ran the 15K in July, and I really want to PR at my next half marathon.
4. Favorite Sports Bra?
Ooh, another hard one! I don’t have one, I’m constantly searching for a good sports bra that supports my ginormous chest but is still comfy. I have a C9 by Champion one that’s decent (but really at least one cup size too small) and a nice one by Glamourmom that fit great when I was first running again after A was born, but is now too big because I’ve lost so much weight. I hear good things about Moving Comfort but haven’t tried them out yet. I’d love some recommendations! 🙂
5. What piece of fitness advice would you give someone just starting out? (ie weight loss, running, exercise)
Food is the #1 thing to get under control if you want to be fit. No matter how much you run, cross-train, weight train, etc, if you keep eating crap you’ll never see the results you want, whatever they are.
6. What is your favorite thing about Fall Sports? Increased Training? Races?
Football is back! Woo-hoo!
7. Does your pace improve as the weather cools down? By how much?
I hope so! LOL This is the first year, probably ever, that I’ve kept running through the summer. My pace has actually dropped quite a bit since May, but I’m hoping to get it down even more as the temps cool off.
8. Does your schedule change with the cooler temperatures? Do you run more? Longer distances?
I run longer training runs when it’s cooler outside (5 miles instead of 3).
9. How much, if any, does your attire change? At what temperature do you begin to layer?
I switch to compression capris instead of shorts, and t-shirts instead of tanks as it cools down. I have a running jacket, but I’ve never lasted more than a mile with it on, no matter how cold it is outside. And if I wear long sleeves, they end up pushed up by the 2-2.5 mile mark, unless it’s still dark outside, overcast, or rainy. I switch to cooler weather gear when the temps drop into the 50s or so.
10. What is the best time of day for your workouts?
I prefer to run in the mornings, but it’s really hard for me to do that consistently, so I tend to run in the evenings. Right now, that’s not so bad, because my next race is a night time race (10pm start, yikes), but I’m hoping to get into a morning run routine once the race is over!
Sunday morning’s long run with my neighbor L!
Link up here: http://www.inlinkz.com/wpview.php?id=316045